Academy Attendance Contact Information
Students are expected to attend all classes and arrive on time for each class. Academy students and parent/guardians are expected to comply with these Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) attendance policies at the Academy just as they do at their base school.
If your student is absent from class, the parent/guardian is required to notify both the base school and the Falls Church Academy attendance office (703) 207-4011. Access to the attendance line is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Please provide the following information:
Be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school today
- Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise))
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Failure to contact the attendance office within 3 days of the absence will result in an unexcused absence.
Request for Pre-Arranged Absences
Request for Pre-Arranged Absence requires the approval of your student's administrator from their base school. A copy of the signed request form should be provided to the Falls Church Academy attendance office 3-5 days prior to the absence. The absence will be excused in their Academy class, upon approval of the base school administrator. Please refer to the Fairfax County Public School (FCPS) Regulation 2234.7 to determine what is considered acceptable and/or unacceptable reasons.
View the fillable FCPS Pre-Arrange Absence form