Academy Inclement Weather Policy
Delayed Openings and Early Closings
- Students attending the Falls Church High School Academy or FCHS students attending other Fairfax County Public school Academies should follow the guidelines below when there is a delayed opening or early closing due to inclement weather. Academy classes will always be conducted at normal times unless all FCPS are closed.
Two-Hour Delayed Opening
- A.M. and mid-day block classes shuttle buses will not run.
- Students who regularly drive are asked to remain at their base school. Falls Church High School students will follow the Falls Church High School amended schedule.
- P.M. block classes
- Shuttle buses will run on time.
- Students riding buses should wait an extra 10-15 minutes for their shuttle since inclement weather may cause some delays.
Two-Hour & Three-Hour EARLY CLOSING
- A.M. classes only on all 2 and 3 hour early release days