2021-22 Falls Church Academy Registration Process
Interested in attending courses at Falls Church Academy? Follow the steps below:
Review the Falls Church Academy classes you are considering and read the course descriptions on the Falls Church Academy website. For more course information from the students and teachers, visit the Falls Church Academy YouTube Channel.
Talk to or email your school counselor to discuss how Falls Church Academy courses can fit in your schedule. They can help you register for the Academy course of interest.
Contact the Falls Church Academy Counselor, Mr. Emarinn Oundee at email@example.com, for more information about the classes offered.
Registration Time Line
- January 4, 2021: Academy Registration System Opens - Verification of student registration should be available continually to base school counselors.
- March 5, 2021: Deadline to request Dual Enrollment (DE) - the dual enrollment process must be completed by this date. The DE process requires students to complete the NOVA application and the DE registration by the deadline. (FC Academy Dual Enrollment classes are Exploring Health and EMT)
- March 12, 2021: Last day for on-time registrations - after this date, registrations can be accepted for courses on a space-available basis.
- March 13, 2021: Late registration period begins - Academies begin accepting registrations on a space-available basis at this time (by 3/12/21) will be given priority over late registrations.
- March 24, 2021: Academy initial enrollment decisions - Students enrolled, waitlisted, denied to feeder schools will be available for counselors to view in the registration system/portal. Updates will be available as new registrations are received.
- April 20, 2021: Email notifications sent out to students - Academy decision email notifications will be sent to students.
NOTE: Registrations received after March 12th, will be processed and held. Students whose registration is received after the March 12 deadline will be considered for enrollment as seats become available. If a class is oversubscribed, students will be placed on a wait list.
Academy Decision Process
- Grade level (juniors are given priority in 2-year programs, seniors are given priority in 1-year programs), future career goals, interest, and related activities may be used as tools to select students in oversubscribed courses.