Patient Care Technician
Visit the Academy YouTube page for Patient Care Technician to learn more about what to expect in this class.
General Course Prerequisites
- Requires Prerequisite: Introduction to Nursing 1 & 2 and obtain you Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Recommended Prerequisite: Exploring Health Science/Exploring the Language of Medicine
- Strong Attendance
- Strong desire to help others
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) course continues with the training begun in Introduction to Nursing. During the PCT course you will learn advanced skills such as drawing blood, starting intravenous (IV) therapy, performing electrocardiograms (EKG) as well as basic interpretation of EKGs. At the end of the course you will be eligible to sit the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) exam to become licensed as a Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant in Virginia.
Patient Care Technician:
- Course # 830326 – Grades: 12 – Credits: Two
- Prerequisite: Introduction to Nursing (835526) and (835626) Recommended Prerequisite: Exploring Health Sciences (830226) and Exploring the Language of Medicine (838326)