Submit a student absence by using our online attendance form below or by calling our 24/7 attendance line at 703-207-4011.
If reporting an absence due to an illness, please be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school.
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition) Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise) New loss of taste, smell, or appetite Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
Failure to contact the attendance office within 3 days of the absence will result in an unexcused absence.