Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Falls Church Academy is committed to assisting students explore their future career interests in the areas of Health and Human Service fields.
Follow Falls Church Academy on Twitter - @FCAcad
Falls Church Academy Dates To Remember
- January 4 - Academy Course Registration Opens
- January 18 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 20 - Inauguration Day
- January 22 - End of 2nd Quarter - 2hr early release (Falls Church Academy classes will be asynchronous on this day)
- January 25 - Teacher Work Day
Students interested in registering for Falls Church Academy courses for 2021-2022 can begin talking to their base school counselor as of Monday, January 4, 2021 to let them know their course interests. To help in course selection decision making, visit the Academy website for details on each health and human services class and visit the Falls Church Academy YouTube Channel for promotional videos made for each class by teachers and current students.
- January 4, 2021: Academy Registration System Opens
- March 5, 2021: Deadline to request Dual Enrollment (DE) - the dual enrollment process must be completed by this date. The DE process requires students to complete the NOVA application and the DE registration by the deadline. (FC Academy Dual Enrollment classes are Exploring Health and EMT ONLY)
- March 12, 2021: Last day for on-time registrations - after this date, registrations can be accepted for courses on a space-available basis.
- March 24, 2021: Academy initial enrollment decisions - Students enrolled, waitlisted, denied to feeder schools will be available for counselors to view in the registration system/portal. Updates will be available as new registrations are received.
- April 20, 2021: Email notifications sent out to students - Academy decision email notifications will be sent to students.
Dear Academy Families,
Fairfax County Public Schools is moving forward with its plans to bring back high school students on January 26, 2021. In preparation for students' return to in person learning, it is critical that all Falls Church Academy families complete this survey to confirm their child's learning format preference for their Falls Church Academy class only, as well as to indicate transportation needs.
Students are permitted to attend their Falls Church Academy class in person, and remain virtual in all other classes. They may also choose to continue to attend their Falls Church Academy class virtually.
If students choose to attend their Falls Church Academy class in person, and they require FCPS transportation, students will be required to go to their base school to pick up their Falls Church Academy shuttle. Falls Church Academy transportation will pick up and drop off at student's base schools only.
All Falls Church Academy students must complete the survey at this link: https://forms.gle/ZCuVwe7nNNHvdDny7
Thank you for completing this survey by Monday, December 14th. Please contact Bill McGreevy, Falls Church Academy Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Emarinn Oundee, Falls Church Academy Counselor (email@example.com) with any questions.